A destination wedding

I love weddings. Of course I'm biased because I'm about to get hitched myself (so it's all I can think about!!) but there is something about them that makes you feel all fuzzy and warm inside. D and I had the pleasure of attending his friend P & L's wedding in Bali at the start of the month. Because it was so close to our wedding, we weren't sure we'd be able to go but in the end we were lucky enough to be able to make it. It's not everyday you get invited to a gorgeous destination wedding!

 photo IMG_1391copy_zpse1d220e1.png

The wedding was held at the amazing Ayana Resort and Spa which is located in Jimbaran, Bali. It is SERIOUS luxury - I am talking the stuff of dreams! Breathtaking ocean views, luscious tropical gardens, gorgeous villas and not to mention the world famous Rock Bar. I think my jaw literally dropped when I got there.

 photo IMG_1405copy_zps5c946876.png

P & L booked the beautiful AYANA villa for their wedding. 3 bedrooms, pool, spa, luscious grounds and an amazing view. Locations simply don't get much better!

 photo IMG_1424copy_zpsee58cc65.png

 photo IMG_1432copy_zpsc6bc42b8.png

D and I! I wore a gorgeous maxi dress from George that I hired from Glam Corner and I felt like a million bucks in it even though it was 30 something degrees and my face was sweating off!

 photo IMG_1514copy_zps0f0c5b9c.png

Shots from their pre-wedding shoot:

 photo IMG_1426copy_zpse2cd71e9.png

L walking down the aisle:

 photo IMG_1446copy_zps445938eb.png

 photo IMG_1456copy_zps2e034b02.png

Married!

 photo IMG_1477copy_zps50130698.png

 photo IMG_1428copy_zps59cb2a91.png

 photo IMG_1496copy_zps9be1755b.png

 photo IMG_1516copy_zps8d58a952.png

The night ended with surprise fireworks!

 photo IMG_6296copy_zpsd6b904f1.png

Unfortunately I didn't get any good shots at the reception because I was far too busy stuffing my face haha! The weather behaved perfectly for them so we got to celebrate outside under the stars. Just magical! It was absolutely amazing - so so blessed to have been a part of it all.

I hope you like these more personal posts ;) I don't have much time for makeup and the like just at the moment unfortunately. Thanks for looking as always!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery and her dress and hair are amazing! Hoping that you will do a post on wedding plans or something along those lines, too? Your dress is stunning, such a night bright shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so beautiful, I could probably never afford it though! I love the bride's dress, so elegant :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful! Like a modern "fairytale" wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING wedding! A wedding in Bali sounds absolutely DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look gorgeous ^^! loving the dress as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that was a gorgeous wedding! And that surely looks like a paradise! I wish I had money to go to a place like that some day ^__^ And you and D look adorable! :) It's a shame there are no photos of the great food :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how lovely! I would love to have a destination wedding!!
    Ayana must be a popular wedding venue...another blogger that I follow went to a wedding there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG just beautiful!!! .. ahhh i would love to get married overseas. hope you had a chance to relax before your big day x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that does look beautiful! I think your outfit was gorgeous, too. You look really good! I hope you don't mind a random stranger jumping in and commenting on a more personal post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wedding dress is beautiful... and so is yours!

    GlamCorner sounds brilliant - what a great idea. Wish something like that would come to HK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would ultimately love fireworks at my future wedding. Haha! Oh well. Could always have it in the Philippines XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing scenery. Your friend looked great and you too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...