Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London

Happy Thursday guys! I hope you've all had a good week so far. It's been a busy week but on Monday I got the jaw dropping news that I had won a very coveted reservation at The Fat Duck Melbourne for next year. And a CHEFS TABLE to top it off OMG!!!!! I'm literally beside myself with excitement even though there's still 6 months to go. So I thought it was about time I caught up with posts and shared some pics from lunch at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal in London from earlier this year. The husband and I treated ourselves to a splurge meal in each country we went to on our honeymoon and being the huge Heston Blumenthal fan I am Dinner was a must do! I would have loved to go to The Fat Duck but sadly we didn't have enough time to venture to Berkshire but luckily it's coming to us now woohoo!

 photo IMG_0137copy_zpsa7b56b78.png

Dinner by Heston Blumenthal is located at the Mandarin Oriental in Hyde Park and is a 2 Michelin Star restaurant. We would have loved to stay at the Mandarin Oriental but sadly our budget didn't stretch that far haha. It's such a beautiful hotel and in such a great location too with Harvey Nichols and Harrods only a stones throw away.

 photo IMG_0136copy_zps12f2a830.png


We went for lunch to maximise our time in the Knightsbridge area and went with a la carte instead of the 3 course set menu as the dishes we wanted to try most weren't available on the set menu. The menu at Dinner is modern inspired by historic British gastronomy and each dish is based on a historical recipe - the menu includes the year the dish originated from also. Service is really important to me and the wait staff at Dinner were very attentive, friendly and knowledgable making our dining experience very enjoyable and definitely one of the better I've had in quite some time.

 photo IMG_0138copy_zps832c305a.png

 photo IMG_0141copy_zps907f9e28.png

Some mocktails to start us off! These were decent but don't top the mocktails at Quay.

 photo IMG_0145copy_zpsf3888a72.png
 photo IMG_0144copy_zps22f832f8.png

I'm a carb lover so I always look forward to the bread at restaurants but the sourdough and butter were a little disappointing sadly but it was entree that I was most looking forward to luckily!

 photo IMG_0147copy_zpse5fac64a.png

One of the main reasons for going to Dinner by Heston - his signature Meat fruit! I could have eaten another one as it did not disappoint one bit and lived up to hype. Mandarin, chicken liver & foie gras parfait and grilled bread:

 photo IMG_0148copy_zpsf6146b52.png
 photo IMG_0149copy_zpsad01b069.png

The hubby got the roast marrowbone with snails, parsley, anchovy, mace & pickled vegetables:

 photo IMG_0151copy_zpsc18b9c28.png

We wanted to try a few of the entrees so we shared the earl grey tea cured salmon too - lemon salad, gentleman's relish, wood sorrel and smoked roe:

 photo IMG_0150copy_zpsc887923f.png

I couldn't decide what to get as my main and the waiter suggested the pork chop which I went with and it was SO GOOD. Definitely the best pork chop I've had! Iberico pork with smoked hispi cabbage, confit onion, apple & mead, Robert sauce:

 photo IMG_0155copy_zps2aea811f.png

The hubby ordered the fillet of Aberdeen Angus (c.1830) with mushroom ketchup:

 photo IMG_0157copy_zps982ddff2.png

Sides of triple cooked chips and peas and lettuce:

 photo IMG_0158copy_zps52233f90.png

I went with the signature tipsy cake with spit roast pineapple for dessert and the serving was definitely not enough - the warm pineapple and pudding soaked in custard was sooooo moreish!

 photo IMG_0160copy_zps2f0050f9.png

The hubby got the baked Essex Pond pudding with lemon caramel, Tahitian vanilla ice cream and apple blossom which he said wasn't as good as my tipsy cake haha:

 photo IMG_0162copy_zps490706bd.png

Bonus innards shot!

 photo IMG_0163copy_zps4e469073.png

We were pretty full by this point but we couldn't resist indulging in the nitrogen ice cream that's wheeled out and made table side in a custom built contraption. It was so impressive when the trolley was wheeled out!

 photo IMG_0168copy_zps17fa2a0b.png

Custard is mixed with liquid nitrogen and hand churned to create instant ice cream! So darn cool! There are 4 toppings to choose from and we got to choose 2 each - I went with freeze dried raspberries and popping candy as I'm a big kid and love anything popping candy haha.

 photo IMG_0169copy_zps285d6c0f.png
 photo IMG_0171copy_zpsf6d6a2cc.png

The liquid nitrogen ice cream was beautifully creamy and smooth and had such a strong vanilla flavour. N2 you have nothing on Heston's ice cream! The cone coated in sugar and was thin and light, every ice cream cone should be like this. At the bottom of the cone was some stewed apple too giving it a nice surprise to finish.

 photo IMG_0173copy_zps4f5b4aee.png

Overall it was a fantastic meal and the highlight was definitely the Meat Fruit and tipsy cake. I'm dying to go back and I'm excited Dinner is opening at Crown in Melbourne at the end of next year! Have any of you had the chance to experience a meal at Heston's yet?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God everything looks sooo amazing, very much expected from one of my favorite chefs. I really hope i could get a chance to try his dishes one day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an AMAZING meal! Hope you get the chance to try Dinner too Jesselyn! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...