Kester Black Trophy Wife '14 nail polish set - Sugar Daddy and Prenup swatches and review

Kester Black and Trophy Wife released their new collaboration shades last week so I thought it was about bloody time I showed you last years set - Sugar Daddy and Prenup! I've had this post sitting in my drafts for so long I completely forgot about it. Oops! The polishes are too awesome not to share so some quick swatches and my review for you (finally) are below.

 photo IMG_8836 vertical copy_zpsopv8vhql.png

 photo IMG_8845 copy_zpsjpidw8bw.png

Prenup is a pastel lilac creme and the polish combines everything I love in the one bottle. Purple + pastel + opaque + great formula = happiness. 2 coats is pictured.

 photo IMG_1327 copy_zpsti6g1jfl.png
 photo IMG_1320 copy_zpsapjetwno.png
 photo IMG_1323 copy_zpsf79b1r5i.png

Sugar Daddy is a packed silver glitter that looks absolutely fantastic in the bottle and exactly what I've been on the hunt for for quite some time. Unfortunately it didn't live up to my high expectations. as I found the formula quite thick and it applied lumpy which is very different to all the other Kester Black shades in my collection.

I'm hoping I just got a dud bottle? I added a few drops of thinner after swatching though and that seemed to do the trick luckily. 2 coats is pictured (before thinner).

 photo IMG_1331 copy_zpsf2ioaxgy.png
 photo IMG_1364 copy_zpssrr79dgs.png
 photo IMG_1356 copy_zpsvtzl2fx9.png

Once I thinned it down I applied Sugar Daddy as a reverse glitter gradient over 2 coats of Prenup which I love the look of! A reverse glitter gradient is always one of my go-tos for easy and great looking nail art.

 photo IMG_1347 copy_zpsb2k1eqst.png
 photo IMG_1343 copy_zpswmen51ol.png
 photo IMG_1334 copy_zpsufywdpp8.png
 photo IMG_1349 copy_zpsgepdtu1j.png

Overall: A great set from Kester Black and Trophy Wife despite the not so flash formula of Sugar Daddy. One of the reasons why I love Kester Black is their pastels are so opaque and easy to apply so Prenup is definitely my recommendation. I also love how the names of their collab shades always tie in with the Trophy Wife theme :)

Details: The Kester Black Trophy Wife 14 collection is available from the Kester Black online store for $20 each or $38 for the set.

 photo Summary copy_zpsdodao5hx.png

I'm on a spending ban because I'm off to Japan in October (SQUEEE!!!!) but knowing me I'll most likely give in sometime and purchase the new collab set. Have you tried Kester Black polishes before? What are your favourites?

Thanks for looking as always!

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try Kester Black polishes but the lack of availability plus the fact that they sell for $20 each (without shipping) always just puts me off =[

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sugar Daddy polish is very thick and gluggy too but I think it's amazing because it's so opaque in 1 coat! It's probably my most used nail polish for clients! Lovely swatches Michelle! Can't wait to try the new collab shades too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i love how u did the combo of both polishes its sooo cutee!

    Oreleona | Pristine's Bliss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...