Christian Louboutin Rouge Louboutin swatches and review

 photo IMG_8562copy_zps2fb2b442.png

Way back in 1993, Christian Louboutin was working on a shoe inspired by Warhol's "Flowers" when he thought something was missing. His assistant was nearby painting her nails when he grabbed the bottle from her and painted the sole of the shoe red - and thus began the legend of his signature Red Sole. It's come full circle now with the recent release of Louboutin's nail polish range as part of a new beauty collection.

The full collection consists of 30 nail lacquers divided into 3 categories - Pops, Nudes and Noirs and the signature Rouge. I think my heart pretty much stopped when I woke up to the news a few weeks back and it was pretty much a given that I would stop at nothing to get my hands on a bottle of Rouge Louboutin! Thank you J for helping me bring purchase this!

 photo IMG_8551copy_zps5f5feaba.png
 photo IMG_8680copy_zps6d06dc99.png

What they say:

"Rouge Louboutin… a timeless, vibrant red suited to any skin tone. A true objet d’art of a dramatic 8-inch height inspired by the tallest heel Christian Louboutin ever created- the Ballerina Ultima. The iconic Rouge is encased in a faceted, weighted glass bottle with an unique ombré effect. The tall slender cap, inspired by calligraphy, turns the application into a luxurious experience, inviting women to take their time.

The custom-designed, patented triangular brush picks up the right amount of formula, without air bubbles, to deliver flawless, chip-resistant coverage. A highly pigmented, super glossy formula delivers in just two coats the effect of 20 layers of traditional lacquer. Enclosed in a patent leather like finish presentation box with a red reveal."

 photo 1a_zps6363eba0.png
Louboutin at work | Source

 photo louboutin-beauty-vogue-4-23jul14-pr_b_646x430_zps95d72601.jpg
Louboutin tests Rouge Louboutin | Source
 photo 2a_zps77b441b8.jpg
Louboutin at work | Source

The bottle is amazing and consists of a heavy red black ombre glass bottle with a tall pointy cap that stands at an impressive 8 inches. It's inspired by the tallest heel Louboutin ever created - The Ballerina Ultima Shoe and is definitely meant to be displayed. Not that it would fit into my helmer!! The cap looks extremely scary but it's surprisingly easy to use and I held it like a pen to apply. The brush is firm but flexible and easy to use.

 photo louboutin-beauty-vogue-2-23jul14-pr_b_426x639_zps2cc05e72.jpg
Rouge Louboutin with the Ballerina Ultima shoe | Source
 photo IMG_8584copy_zps8f75365c.png photo IMG_8669copy_zps80a439a1.png

Rouge Louboutin is a classic blue based red creme. It's highly pigmented, ultra glossy and self leveling and is pretty much perfection. Oh oh what is not to love!! Pictured is just one perfectly opaque coat with no top coat.

 photo IMG_8629copy_zps9c8e9798.png
 photo IMG_8637copy_zpsf37aee03.png
 photo IMG_8653copy_zpsc496fc96.png
 photo IMG_8616copy_zpsb5706589.png
 photo IMG_8597copy_zps3400177b.png
Overall: Rouge Louboutin is hands down the pride and joy of my nail polish collection. At $50 it is damn expensive even for an avid polish collector like me and I'm sure there's a red creme out there that's very similar at a fraction of the cost. The formula is pretty much perfection and the bottle and packaging is amazing but it's what you think is worth it when it comes to polish. Having said that though, for lovers of his signature heels and luxury polish collectors it's a must have splurge item. Plus it's so much more affordable than a pair of his heels! I am completely biased when it comes to items like this though haha!

I'm so glad that the lacquers weren't released when I was in the Saint-Honore boutique in Paris buying my very first pair of Louboutin's earlier this year because I'm PRETTY sure I would have bought most of the collection X)

Details: Christian Louboutin Rouge Louboutin is available now from Sephora, Nordstrom, Saks, and Louboutin boutiques and online for $50US and in Hong Kong from Lane Crawford IFC for $450HK. Not sure of the Aus release so your best bet is to ask someone to mule it for you!

 photo IMG_8546copy_zps6164771a.png

13 comments:

  1. Great post and pictures as it looks incredible! I have just ordered three (loops) and am very excited as they really are a luxury and not just a nail polish after all ;-) Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly!! Woohoo that's an awesome haul - I am sure you'll love them!! They're definitely a luxury item =)

      Delete
  2. The bottle is beyond gorgeous - but I find the colour a bit meh ... Don't get me wrong it's really nice and it matches Christian Louboutin shoes perfectly (*_*) ... O.K. I'm just miffed off about the price and that it's out of stock ... *folds arms and pouts* - I love reds (;_;). It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! The price is waaaaaaaaay too steep even if it's Louboutin polish but I just had to have it x) Hope you get your hands on a bottle when it's back in stock!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I don't think I could afford a polish THAT expensive, but it's nice to see photos of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kelli!! When I heard the price I nearly fell off my chair but thought I'd treat myself and then have no more treats for the next year haha

      Delete
  4. Amazingggggg photos!!! You definitely did it justice and I thought of you as soon as this news was released! Mine is on it's way and I can't freaken wait!!! But my photos won't be like yours haha. Great post as always!!! Love the actual heels too! I definitely can't afford those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeek I hope you get your bottle soon!! You will LOVE IT. Your pics will be amazing I know it! And thanks heaps hun, I took so many photos to try and do the polish justice lol. GAH it's so beautiful!!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! Love the pictures in this post - I love that you consistently compared the polish to the actual Loubutins! Glad to see that the actual quality is on par with the price! I'm so excited that you got your hands on it - I've never heard of the story about the assistant!

    Enjoy your nail polish!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely am enjoying my polish thanks Stephanie!! Still can't quite believe I managed to get a bottle but thanks to lovely friends it was possible! Lol I had to take photos with my heels before I wreck the soles from wearing them in x)

      Delete
  6. ^^I agree i love the pics for this post, the polish, while probably dupable, looks so lovely! Like lacquered candy. Does the colour change much with more coats?
    Ps. Your wedding rings are gorgeous, you & your hub have great taste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Oh I love your description of the shade! Hmmmm I'm not too sure actually before I only did 1 coat but will make note next time I use it.

      Awww thanks! I absolutely love my rings but I can't take credit for them lol. My engagement ring was a surprise and my hubby designed it himself and my aunty's friend helped us with my wedding band.

      Delete
  7. i want the polish but i cant spend $50 on it! :(

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment! I love reading your feedback and suggestions and truly appreciate each and every comment. I try to respond to all my questions as soon as I can in the comments so make sure to check back later.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS.

'chelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...